● "WhereGotJobs" means WhereGotJobs website provided by Living Analytics Research Centre, School of Information Systems, Singapore Management University (SMU), whose principal place of business is 80 Stamford Road, Singapore 178902.
● "WhereGotJobs Research" means scientific research that WhereGotJobs performs with the intent to publish in a peer-reviewed scientific conference and journal. WhereGotJobs Research only uses Self-Reported Information from users who have given consent according to the applicable Consent Document. WhereGotJobs Research activities include R&D.
● "R&D" means research and development activities performed by WhereGotJobs on user data. These activities may include, among other things, improving our Services and/or offering new products and services to you; performing quality control activities; conducting data analysis.
● "Service" or "Services" means WhereGotJobs' software, services, and website (including but not limited to text, graphics, images, and other material and information) as accessed from time to time by the user, regardless if the use is in connection with an account or not.
● "Personal Data" is information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. WhereGotJobs collects and stores the following types of Personal Data:
○ "Registration Information" is the information you provide about yourself when registering for and/or purchasing our Services (e.g. user ID and password).
○ "Self-Reported Information" is all information about yourself, including all information that you enter into surveys, forms, or features while signed in to your WhereGotJobs account. Self-Reported Information is included in WhereGotJobs Research only if it has been indicated for WhereGotJobs Research use on the website and if you have given consent as described in the applicable Consent Document.
○ "User Content" is all information, data, text, software, music, audio, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials - other than Self-Reported Information-generated by users of WhereGotJobs Services and transmitted, whether publicly or privately, to or through WhereGotJobs.
○ "Web Behavior Information" is information on how you use the WhereGotJobs website (e.g. browser type, domains, pageviews) collected through log files, cookies, and web beacon technology.
WhereGotJobs collects Personal Data from you for all purposes necessary to ensure the regular operation of your account and/or availability of our Services. These include, among other things, providing you with our Services; improving our Services and/or offering new products or services to you; informing you about events; inviting you to participate in specific research projects, contacting you to obtain testimonials or for other promotional purposes; performing quality control activities; conducting other R&D; and, upon your authorization, conducting WhereGotJobs Research.
WhereGotJobs may provide your Personal Data to our third-party service providers, which are companies and people that help us provide, understand and improve our Services. For example, we may use service providers to help host our website, send emails, implement our marketing campaigns, measure the effectiveness of our advertising, conduct surveys or polls, obtain testimonials, or otherwise help us run or improve our business. In all instances, our service providers act on WhereGotJobs' behalf and we require by contract that they protect the confidentiality of any information they receive from us.
We use your Registration Information to authenticate your website visits and usage; to communicate with you about information and services that you have requested; and to manage and improve our website, software, and Services. We give you the opportunity to opt out of optional communications through our Service.
We use your Self-Reported Information to provide you with WhereGotJobs Services, customize the user experience, and enhance our features. Self-Reported Information is used to customize your user experience.
If, and only if, you have given consent to participate in WhereGotJobs Research as described in the applicable Consent Document, we may include your Self-Reported Information in Aggregated Self-Reported Information disclosed to third parties for the purpose of publication in a peer-reviewed scientific conference and journal. Towards the same goals, if you have given consent to participate in WhereGotJobs Research, we may allow research contractors to access your individual-level Self-Reported Information onsite at WhereGotJobs' offices for the purpose of conducting scientific research, provided that all such research contractors will be supervised by WhereGotJobs and subject to WhereGotJobs' access rules and guidelines. If, and only if, you have given consent to use of your individual-level data, we may provide your individual-level Self-Reported Information to qualified researchers for the purpose of scientific research and publication in a peer-reviewed scientific conference and journal. When your Self-Reported Information is being used for research purposes, pursuant to WhereGotJobs Research, research onsite at WhereGotJobs, it will never be combined with your Registration Information.
If you do not give your consent to participate in WhereGotJobs Research, WhereGotJobs may still use your Self-Reported Information for purposes such as quality control or other R&D activities. Self-Reported Information used for such purposes may be included in Aggregated Self-Reported Information disclosed to third-party research partners who will not publish the information in a peer-reviewed scientific conference and journal.
WhereGotJobs uses User Content to provide our Services and improve the overall user experience. By submitting, posting, or displaying User Content, you give WhereGotJobs a non-exclusive license to use any User Content that you submit, post, or display on or through the Services, as further described in the Terms of Service. WhereGotJobs may make such User Content available to other companies, organizations, or individuals with whom WhereGotJobs has relationships, and to use such User Content in connection with the provision of those services. WhereGotJobs, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may also (a) transmit or distribute your User Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your content as are necessary to conform and adapt that content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services, or media.
Web Behavior Information is collected through log files, cookies, and web beacon technology during a visit to the WhereGotJobs website. Web Behavior Information is used to improve our Services and the overall user experience, and if you have given consent to participate in WhereGotJobs Research as described in the applicable Consent Document, your Web Behavior Information may be used and disclosed to third parties in aggregate form for WhereGotJobs Research intended to be published in a peer-reviewed scientific conference and journal. If you do not give consent to participate in WhereGotJobs Research, we may still use your Web Behavior Information for R&D purposes as described above, which may include disclosure of aggregated Web Behavior Information to third-party non-commercial partners who will not publish that information in a peer-reviewed scientific conference and journal.
Log Files. When users visit our website, WhereGotJobs gathers certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data (i.e. a list of pages or URLs visited). This information may be linked to a particular user's profile ID. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track users' movements around the site, identify and resolve issues, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Web Beacons. A web beacon is a clear graphic image that is loaded by your web browser when it accesses a website and that records a user's visit to a particular web page. We, or third parties that work for us, may place cookies and web beacons on our website, in our emails, and in our advertisements that appear on other websites or in emails sent by others that mention our services with our permission. The purpose of our web beacons is to support operation of our website and to offer additional services through targeted advertisements. For example, we may use beacons to determine when someone views a web page, count how many individuals visit our website after clicking advertisements placed on other websites, or count how many people have created an account after viewing an advertisement we placed. Web beacons may also help us determine the effectiveness of an email campaign because the beacons can count the number of individuals who open an email or forward it to others. We use this Web Behavior Information to better tailor our marketing to you and may also use this information to customize content on our website, enable a shopping cart, or conduct research. Third parties only collect anonymous Web Behavior Information through the use of web beacons, allowing statistical analysis relating to the performance of our advertising.
If you wish to disable web beacons, it is possible to prevent your browser from loading them, although there is not currently a standard method for doing so.
WhereGotJobs gives you the ability to connect with other individuals who have WhereGotJobs accounts through our sharing features. For some features, opt-out is required to avoid notifications. In addition, you may choose to disclose, through other means not associated with WhereGotJobs, any part of your Personal Data to friends and/or family members, groups of individuals, third-party service providers, and/or other individuals. We recommend that you make such choices carefully.
Personal Data, once released or shared, can be difficult to contain. WhereGotJobs will have no responsibility or liability for any consequences that may result because you have released or shared Personal Data with a third party. Likewise, if you are reading this because you have access to the Personal Data of a WhereGotJobs user through a multi-profile account, we urge you to recognize your responsibility to protect the privacy of that person. It is incumbent upon users to share Personal Data only with people they know and trust. Users with multi-profile accounts should use caution in setting profile-level privacy settings.
If you provide us Personal data about others on our website for the purposes of sharing a WhereGotJobs discovery, we will use the email address you provide and any additional information you provide to send a one-time email with the discovery and an invitation inviting him or her to visit the site. WhereGotJobs stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database.
We do not sell, lease, or rent your individual-level Personal Data without your explicit consent. As a general rule, WhereGotJobs will not disclose your individual-level Personal Data to any third party, except under the following circumstances:
● Research partners or service providers process and/or store the information in order to help us provide, understand or improve WhereGotJobs' Services.
● If you have consented for research, research contractors may access your individual-level Self-Reported Information onsite at WhereGotJobs' offices for the purpose of scientific research, provided that all such research contractors will be supervised by WhereGotJobs and subject to WhereGotJobs' access rules and guidelines.
● If you have consented to use of your individual-level data, qualified researchers (who must comply with certain requirements) may access your individual-level Self-Reported Information for the purpose of scientific research.
● We are required to do so by law or we do so in coordination with regulatory authorities (see the section below titled "Information Disclosure Required By Law").
● You have provided explicit consent for us to do so.
WhereGotJobs may disclose Personal Data for the following reasons:
● WhereGotJobs Research. WhereGotJobs may disclose Aggregated Self-Reported Information intended to be published in a peer-reviewed scientific conference and journal to research collaborators or as a result of publication. You may give/withhold consent for your data to be used in WhereGotJobs Research when viewing the applicable Consent Document in during the registration process. You may also give consent or change your global consent status through your Account Settings at any subsequent time which will be effective immediately. However, we cannot reverse, undo, or withdraw information that has previously been used for WhereGotJobs Research or shared with external collaborators prior to your request to withdraw consent. WhereGotJobs will not use your Information in new research effective immediately after your withdrawal of consent.
Under certain circumstances Personal Data may be subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders, or in coordination with regulatory authorities. You acknowledge and agree that WhereGotJobs is free to preserve and disclose any and all Personal Data to law enforcement agencies or others if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal or regulatory process (such as a judicial proceeding, court order, or government inquiry) or obligations that WhereGotJobs may owe pursuant to ethical and other professional rules, laws, and regulations; (b) enforce the WhereGotJobs TOS; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of WhereGotJobs, its employees, its users, its clients, and the public. In the event we are required by law to make a disclosure, we will notify you through the contact information you have provided to us in advance, unless doing so would violate the law or a court order.
WhereGotJobs may provide links to third-party websites operated by organizations not affiliated with WhereGotJobs. WhereGotJobs does not disclose your Personal Data to organizations operating linked third-party websites. WhereGotJobs does not review or endorse, and is not responsible for, the privacy practices of these organizations. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by WhereGotJobs.
You can opt-out of receiving certain messages or notifications from us by logging into your WhereGotJobs account and changing Notifications Setting. Please note that you may not opt-out of receiving non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as technical notices or Service-related emails.
You can use the browser that you are viewing this website with to enable, disable or delete cookies. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the website and other parts of the website may also not work properly.
If your Personal Data changes, you may correct or update your Registration Information via your Account Settings page. You may also correct or reset Self-Reported Information entered into a survey, form, or feature from within your account.
WhereGotJobs is committed to protecting the privacy of children as well as adults. Neither WhereGotJobs nor any of its Services are designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. A parent or guardian, however, may collect data from, create an account for, and provide Self-Reported Information on behalf of his or her child. The parent or guardian assumes full responsibility for ensuring that the information that he/she provides to WhereGotJobs about his or her child is kept secure and that the information submitted is accurate.
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of information, WhereGotJobs uses a range of reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard your Personal Data, in accordance with current technological and industry standards.
Please recognize that protecting your Personal Data is also your responsibility. We ask you to be responsible for safeguarding your password and other authentication information you use to access our Services. You should not disclose your authentication information to any third party and should immediately notify WhereGotJobs of any unauthorized use of your password. WhereGotJobs cannot secure Personal Data that you release on your own or that you request us to release.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 5 October 2017. Whenever this Privacy Statement is changed in a material way, a notice will be posted as part of this Privacy Statement and on our account login pages for 30 days. After 30 days the changes will become effective. In addition, all users will receive an email with notification of the changes.
If you have questions about this statement, please contact us at this address:
Living Analytics Research Centre
School of Information Systems
Singapore Management University
80 Stamford Road